Focus on Children & Families
Focus on Children & Families (FCF) is an early intervention
and prevention program that offers a wide range of services to children
and their families (Pre-K - 5th).
Their roles include the following:
- Assess the client's situation
- Work with school personnel to coordinate psychological/social services for children and their families
- Serve as mediator between parents and school personnel.
- Work with parents and teachers to develop strategies that will help students succeed ins school.
- Make home visits, as needed, to observe first hand how the family is progressing and to determine additional needs.
- Make referrals to appropriate Community Services.
Each year, FCF contracts with several private therapists to
provide services to students and families at their school. The
professionally licensed therapists offer individual and family therapy
to deal with the emotional and psychological issues of the child and the
For more information on the program please contact Mrs.Olga Elizondo, Social Worker at (915) 231-2220 or click here to see her website.
Coldwell Elementary would like to extend a warm welcome to all
Military Families in our community. You are always welcome and Thank you
for all you do!